Overviews of history, materials and techniques (grouped thematically and by date)
- Web-page on Banarasi Saree on the official website of Varanasi district
- Web-page on Varanasi Saris, National Centre for Textile Design, Office of the Development Commissioner for Handlooms, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India
- S.P. Sanger. 1980. 'Indian Silk Fabrics in the Seventeenth Century'. Indian Journal of History of Science 30.1:15–43.
- Cynthia R. Cunningham Cort. 1985. 'The Brocades of Banaras: An Analysis of Pattern Development in the 19th and 20th Centuries' Bulletin of the Needle and Bobbin Club 63.1-2:30–35.
- B.N. Goswamy. 2003. 'Pattern-drawers of Benares' The Sunday Tribune, October 5.
- Monisha Ahmed. 2005. 'From Banaras to Leh: The Trade and Use of Silk-brocade'
- P. Nayak, T.K. Rout, Shakeel Shaikh and Rajanikant. 2007. 'Dream of Weaving: Study & Documentation of Banaras Sarees and Brocades' Mumbai: Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
- 'Banarasi from Varanasi' on Gaatha (January 24, 2014)
- Rosemary Crill. 2015. 'All that Glitters'. Blog, Victoria & Albert Museum.
- Shefalee Vasudev. 2013. 'Ground Report: The Banaras Bind' The Mint, November 23.
- Ritu Kumar. 2015. 'The Benaras Revival Programme' Seminar 675 'Make in India'
- Contact Details of Weavers in Varanasi on craftrevival.org
- Iconic Saree Weaving Clusters of India (UNESCO's tentative lists for World Heritage Sites)
- M.A. Hann and B.G. Thomas. 2005. Patterns of Culture: Decorative Weaving Techniques. Leeds.
- Pooja Singh, Ekta Sharma, Nargis Fatima. 2014. 'Conservation of Indian Textiles in Various Museums of Uttar Pradesh' Eduved International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research 1.7:2349–5480.