The Kutch Museum located in Bhuj is the oldest museum in Gujarat. The museum was established by Maharao Sir Khengarji III of the Kutch State in the year 1877. Initially, the collection on display comprised the gifts received by Maharao Khengarji III on the occasion of his wedding. The Museum previously known as the Fergusson Museum is built in the Italian Gothic style of architecture. It has 11 galleries displaying a wide range of artefacts related to archaeology, anthropology, textiles, numismatics, taxidermy, weapons, picture gallery, along with artefacts of indigenous tribal communities residing in the Kutch district. The most significant aspect of the collection in this Museum is the collection of Kshatrapa inscriptions dating to first century CE.