Sahapedia in collaboration with Department of History, Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar
The state museum of Arunachal Pradesh, popularly known as Jawaharlal Nehru State Museum can best be regarded as Arunachal Pradesh in miniature as it displays the cultural heritage of over 25 major tribes and 100 sub-tribes of the state. It houses over 2500 artefacts of historical, ethnographical and archaeological significance in two galleries. The highlight of the museum is 27 miniature dioramas of day to day activities of various tribes of Arunachal Pradesh in their respective socio-cultural and physical landscape.
Through this custom walk, the Department of History, Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar in collaboration with Sahapedia, New Delhi celebrates World Heritage Day and seeks to sensitize students on heritage and cultural diversity of Arunachal Pradesh following the theme of this year’s world heritage day: Heritage for Generations.
This is a custom walk for the students of Department of History, Dera Natung Government College.
- Date: Wednesday, 18th April 2018
- Duration: 10: 30 am- 12: 30 pm
- Meeting time: 10: 15 am
- Meeting Point: Administrative Block, DNGC, Vivek-Vihar, Itanagar
- Walk led by: Department of History, DNGC, Itanagar
Contact at: +917005872049 (Duli Ete)
Email us- email@example.com
Things to keep in mind:
- Entry free for Students (on reproduction of original ID card)
- Carry original student ID
- Photography allowed
- Parking allowed.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Inform Head, History Department or the Walk Coordinator (Duli Ete), if you are unable to attend it.