Take a walk through the imagination and creativity of a Government official who used his spare time to build a garden out of scrap and waste material. Nek Chand fashioned this garden after his own imagination of a kingdom. There are sculptures of men, women, birds and animals, artificial waterfalls, an amphitheatre and various other installations, all made from waste material.
Walk with us to explore the unexplored story of Nek Chand’s Rock Garden in Chandigarh.
This guided tour is for free.
Date: Saturday, 17 February 2018
Duration: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Meeting Time: 8:45 am
Meeting Point: Outside Nek Chand Rock Garden, Chandigarh
Walk leader: Avita Khawas
Medium: Bilingual (English and Hindi)
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message.
Contact: 9829064043 (Avita)
- Entry ticket for Rs.30/- (Indian/Adult) and Rs.10/- (Indian/Children) to be borne by the participant.
- Parking available at Rock Garden.
- Photography allowed.
- It is advisable to wear comfortable woolen clothes.
- Wear comfortable shoes and carry water.
- You may carry your cameras and notebooks.
- You can relax and eat at the canteen after the walk. Food expenses to be borne by the participant.