Raipur is the capital city of Chhattisgarh. People from every walk of life flocked here in search of good fortune, leaving behind their influence over the multifarious aspects of the city.
The walk will cover monuments such as St. Paul’s Church, Babar Bungalow, and Freemason’s Lodge. It will focus on the history behind these colonial structures of Raipur.
This guided tour is free.
Date: Sunday, 16 September 2018
Duration: 7:00 am to 9:30 am
Meeting Time: 6:45 am
Meeting Point: St. Paul’s Church, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Walk led by Dron Patel (Explorer, LetUsGo)
Hailing from Raipur, Chattisgarh, he is one of the Certified Heritage Tour Guides by Chhattisgarh Tourism for the City of Raipur and Sirpur. He has lived all his life in the Old Raipur which is the place for most of this heritage walk routes. He is part of the latest generation Chattisgarhi youth who are strong, vocal about social issues and confident enough to show outsiders the Past, Present & future of their city. He is now a Part of Our LetUsGo Young Explorer Team as we always believe in educating youth to empower them about their surroundings.
Medium: Bilingual (Hindi/English)
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message. Register only if participation is confirmed.
One participation per registration. Please do not register twice.
Contact at: 8435516585 (Dron)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking facilities are not available near the meeting point, hence we recommend that you use public transport.
- No entry fees.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and carry water and an umbrella or raincoat.
- Kindly maintain decorum in religious spaces and dress accordingly.
- Photography is allowed.