Located in the Thar desert of Rajasthan, the more than 530 year-old walled city of Bikaner is a dense urban settlement with narrow streets, opulently decorated courtyard houses (known as havelis, which characterise the historic centre of the city), winding lanes, traditional bazaars and colourful handicraft. Through our carefully designed Heritage Walk we aim to observe all the diverse and varied architecture, its art, old religious places, living craft and culture.
This guided tour is free.
Date: Sunday, 14 January 2018
Duration: 8:30 am to 10:30 am, Meeting Time: 8:15 am
Meeting Point: Rampuria Havelis, Bikaner
Walk Leader: Gopal Singh Chouhan
He is a Bikaner-based young cultural activist who works on the literary, heritage and archiving folk music of the region through creative festivals, events and conservation projects under the aegis of the NGO - Lokayan.
Medium: Bilingual (English and Hindi)
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message.
Phone: 9928522992 (Gopal), Email: email@example.com
· Parking facilities available outside the Rampuria Havelis.
· Photography allowed except in Laxmi Nath ji temple.
· Wear comfortable shoes/sandals and carry water.