Think breakfast in South India and idly-dosa is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Hyderabad however, being the multi-cultural and diverse city that it is, offers a very different and mostly non-vegetarian array of dishes. From keema-roti to bheja fry and khichdi-khatta, traditional Hyderabadi cuisine has space for a lot more than just the famous biryani it is known for.
Breakfast is served as early as 5 am in the city, and early mornings are the best to visit hotels like Nayab, Shadab, Iqbal, etc. for the same. The area also houses Munshi Naan, which has been selling naans since 1851. We will also visit the historic Badshahi Ashurkhana, and also stop at the famous Nimrah Café (near the iconic Charminar) which is known for its Irani chai and array of biscuits.
This guided tour is free.
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2018
Duration: 6:45 am to 9:00 am
Meeting Time: 6:30 am
Meeting Point: Nayab Hotel, Madina, Hyderabad
Nearest Bus Stop: Afzalgunj
Walk led by Yunus Y. Lasania
A journalist by profession, Yunus is currently on a mission to collect the lesser known history of Hyderabad. Having covered the heritage beat earlier, he is well-versed about the city’s history and culture. A pucca Hyderabad, he swears by Irani chai and biryani. Yunus also runs/writes for ‘The Hyderabad History Project’, a not-for-profit blog along with former colleague and journalist Serish Nanisetti.
Medium: Bilingual (English/Dakhni)
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message. Register only if participation is confirmed.
One participation per registration. Please do not register twice.
Contact at: 7032203932 (Yunus)
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parking facilities will be easily available since it is the early morning. We recommend that participants park near the Charminar area and come to the meeting point if they are coming in their own vehicles so that they can easily disperse once the walk concludes.
· Please be on time. The walk will begin sharp at 6:45 am.
· Photography allowed.
· Please wear comfortable shoes and carry drinking water and an umbrella or raincoat.
· Food and travel expenses are to be borne by the participant.