Durga puja or Sharodotsav (meaning autumnal festival) is the celebration of goddess Durga who slays the demon Mahishasura to re-establish peace and divinity on earth and marks the victory of good over evil. It is the biggest festival of the year for Bengalis and is celebrated by setting up of pandals by various Bengali committees, where Durga idol is embellished and worshipped for four days. The celebration ends on Vijayadashami marked by immersion of Durga idol (Bhaashaan).
Come and be a part of the pandal-hopping with us and savour the delicious Kolkata-style kathi rolls, phuchka, jhalmuri, traditional Bengali sweets and many more. You can also bring in your camera to capture the kaleidoscope and the dazzle of the pandals, the Durga idols, the dhaak and the dhunuchchi naach, as we walk through all the major Durga puja pandals.
● Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
● Duration: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
● Meeting time: 5:15 pm
● Meeting Point: Canara/UCO Bank ATM, Market 1, C .R. Park, Delhi
● Nearest Metro station: Nehru Place
● Walk led by: Anubhav Sapra
Things to keep in mind:
● Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
(Link to the registration form: https://goo.gl/6J3KDw )
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message.
Phone: 9891121333 (Anubhav Sapra)
● Parking not available. Please come by Metro to Nehru place and take an auto to the meeting point.
● No entry fee.
● Photography allowed.
● Wear comfortable shoes and carry water.
● This guided tour is free.
● Food costs and extra expenses (including second servings) will be borne by the participants.