Sovabazar Rajbari or the royal house of Shovabazar is one of the oldest zamindar houses in Kolkata. The tradition of celebrating Durga Puja with such grandeur was started by the aristocrats of this house and their descendants continue the tradition till date.
Speaking of Durga Puja, a walk through the lanes of Kumortuli is a must. Kumortuli is a potters’ colony where the beautiful, larger than life idols of Durga and other gods and goddesses are made.
This guided tour is free.
Date: Sunday, 4th March 2018
Duration: 7:30 am to 10:30 am
Meeting Time: 7:15 am
Meeting Point: Shovabazar Metro Station Crossing, Kolkata
Nearest Metro Station: Shovabazar
Walk Leader: Amitabha Gupta
He is a heritage enthusiast, travel writer, photographer and blogger. He has contributed to several magazines such as The Telegraph, Statesman, Outlook Traveller Magazine, Discover India, Travel Plus, Jet wings and National Geographic Traveller.
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
(Step 1- Please like and share the page to register.
Step 2- Fill the form to confirm your registration
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message.
- No parking facilities available near meeting point, we recommend taking the metro or other public transport.
- No entry fees but there may be a nominal fee for photography in Kumortuli.
- Food costs and extra expenses to be borne by the participant.
- Wear comfortable shoes and carry drinking water.