Did you know the origin of Bhelpuri or the Pav bhaji? What is the Indian fifth taste? Craving to savour a diverse cuisine that is wallet friendly. Then, this ambrosial street food walk should certainly be your destination on June 23rd.
Located in one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Bengaluru, also called “Khau Galli”, this street comes to life only after sunset, when shutters roll up and pushcarts make a dash to their designated spots! We begin our walk by savouring the irresistible Rose honey cake and Khara Congress Bun (KCB) from the historical VB bakery and visit the umpteen food stalls which serve every delicacy under the sun. With so many culinary options available, one finds it hard to make a choice. We will conclude our walk with one of the “to die for” homegrown Gulkhand desserts from Shivanna’s Gulkhand Center. Do not forget to bring along a “huge” appetite with you! As you head out, you’re certain to quote George Bernard Shaw “There is no sincere love than the love of food!”
This guided tour is free.
• Date - Saturday, 23rd June 2018
• Duration: 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm
• Meeting time: 6.15 pm
• Meeting point: Outside V.B Bakery, Sajjan Rao circle, VV Puram, Bangalore
• Nearest Metro station: National college (VV Puram Exit)
• Walk led by Sujatha Balakrishnan
A teacher, counsellor and theatre actor. As a teacher of history, she has been always being curious and passionate about digging the history of places. As a resident of the garden city for 5 decades, she has seen the pensioners’ paradise rapidly grow into a high tech city.
• Medium: English
Things to keep in mind:
• Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
(Step 1- Please like and share the page to register.
Step 2- Fill the form to confirm your registration
After the online registration, do inform through a text message or an email, before the walk, if you are unable to attend it.
One participation per registration. Please do not register twice.
Contact at: +91-8971741212 (Sujatha)
Email at: email@example.com
- Parking facilities are not easily available. The best option would be the metro.
- Food costs and any extra expenses (second serving, travel, parking etc.) to be borne by the participant.
- Photography is permitted.
- Wear comfortable shoes and carry water. In case you would like to take back some delicacies, do carry a bag.