Along with history and monuments, Charminar houses a variety of culinary delights from the past and present. One will find an amalgamation of food and cultures all along the road from Charminar to Madina (and more in the lanes and by-lanes). There are a lot of choices, from street vendors to decent restaurants, some being centuries old. Walk will start at Nimrah Café, close to Charminar with some Irani chai and Osmania biscuits. It will end at Shadab with dinner. En route you will taste a variety of dishes from dosa to kachori to fried fish. All this, while we discuss the Nizams and old Hyderabad.
This guided tour is for free.
· Date: Saturday, 24thFebruary 2018
· Duration: 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm
· Meeting Time: 6:45 pm
· Meeting Point: Nimrah Cafe, Charminar, Hyderabad
· Nearest Bus Stop: Charminar
· Walk Leader: Spandana Freewill
She is an interior designer by profession but smitten by history. She is in love with India and its stories, old and new and calls herself an enthusiast not a professional. She has organized a few heritage walks and been part of other events too. She volunteers for few NGOs and takes guests from couch surfing to see around.
· Medium: English
Things to keep in mind:
- Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
If you are unable to attend the walk after having registered, please inform us over an email or a text message.
· Paid parking facilities available at Unani hospital.
· No entry fee.
· Food expenses to be borne by the participant. Bill amount will be shared equally among the participants.
· Photography allowed.
· Footwear needs to be removed at Macca Masjid. Carry scarf/cap to cover your head at the masjid. Avoid wearing shorts.
· Carry drinking water.